All Things... Pt. 3

As I tried to wrap my mind around the fact that we would be leaving in four days, and that my little daughter would be facing a major surgery in under a week, I was left emotionally reeling. I think I spent the majority of that day on the phone informing people, changing appointments and plans, and trying to sort out the hundreds of small details that needed to be figured out in such a short time. A two-week trip  with just a couple days notice, coupled with an entire weekend of special meetings at church left me feeling rather overwhelmed. 

That Sunday at church I felt my "brave girl" front slowly melting away as I actually had time to slow down and think a little bit. As the first song started, my emotions gave way, choking tears prevented any words from escaping, but I soaked in the words as the palatable worship rose around me. 


He lowers us to raise us
So we can sing His praises
Whatever is His way all is well

He makes us rich and poor
That we might trust Him more
Whatever is His way all is well

All my changes come from Him
 He who never changes
I'm held firm in the grasp of the Rock of all the ages

All is well with my soul
He is God in control
I know not all His plans
But I know I'm in His hands

He clothes us now then strips us
Yet with His Word equips us
Whatever is His way all is well
And though our seasons change
We still exalt His name
Whatever is His way all is well

Though I knew I would have to do it over and over again, I placed my daughter in God's hands that morning, and chose to believe that whatever happened, all would be well. Why? Because we serve a good God, and His goodness never changes. This is where my faith needs to be placed.

That night was an interrupted one for me as Leana was up for much of it with a bad cough. This concerned me, and my concerns were confirmed with the surgery coordinator the next day. Leana's surgery would have to be postponed. This has been a disappointment for us as we now only have another month to dread the inevitable, but at the same time, we are grateful that they are taking her health and well-being first. 

We are so grateful for our Lord that is holding us up during this time, and for the amazing support, love, and prayers of countless friends. Though I realize our girlie could be facing a lot worse and that we have much to be grateful for, the emotions are still real, and it had been wonderful to have the encouragement of so many! Thank you so much, and we will seek to keep you updated. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Manitoba Musings Blog Design by Ipietoon